Science of Sailing
Our Goals for this Program
- Meet the growing needs of the community by offering a Full Day option to students aged 10-18
- Offer diversity to our curriculum by fully incorporating US Sailings “REACH” curriculum, focused on teaching students the science, technology, engineering, and mathematics that are inherent to the sport of sailing
- Create a natural progression through programs: the Science of Sailing will offer a deeper look into many of the environmental science concepts learned during our Harbor Explorers programs
What You Need To Know
- This program may not be the best fit for all students. Unlike Harbor Explorers, most of the day will be spent engaged in structured math & science lessons on land or out on the water for extended periods of time. Some days, students may not return to land for lunch (requiring a packed lunch to be eaten on the water).
- We will have a hard and fast cancellation policy. You will need to move or cancel your enrollment no later than 48 hours in advance. We expect this program to be popular, any student who “no shows” on the first day may be deemed ineligible for the full day program next year.
What My Child Will Learn
In addition to following the standard PPSC sailing curriculum, sailors and their team will choose 2 “REACH” modules to be completed during their session. Modules can focus on any of the STEM skills listed in the image below: